Zlin Z-226MS, serial number 103
This Zlin 226 was manufactured in Otrokovice in spring of 1957. Its aviation life began as Z-226T version and soon received the logical nickname Kanar.
In 1998, Zlin-Avion could do a complete overhaul on it… better said total renovation a rebuilt to a four piston Z-126T. Since the overhaul the plane raced couple of times along the Alps ridges or fine down the sea… Its time came up in 2007, it received new 180 Hp and a metal prop V-503. Even the Kanar’s overhaul took place about 10 years ago, there is hardly anyone passing by without noticing this remarkable plane. The experts on the other hand cannot believe that it can still look so nice. It is simply the machine!
Zlin Z-226MS, serial number 263
MPR is slightly younger… its roll-out was held in fall 1958. OK-MPR was allocated to Slovácký aeroklubu in Kunovice, where it served until the end of eighties. Sometime in 1969, after the restoration of engine powered division of Kunovice aeroklub the plane received new orange painting. In the early eighties, where it used to tow gliders all the way until its termination and being erased from the registry.
It reached the sky again after many sad years on 23rd of March 2005, being refurbished onto the Z-226MS standard by company Zlin-Avion. The same way as flying in Kanar you can enjoy the power and noise of well-tuned engine and prop that propel the plane at 240 km/h averaging the fuel consumption at 35 l/h.
Zlin Z-226MS, serial number 020
LPR saw the first light in Otrokovice, 1957, labeled OK-KMX. Its cockpit was also somewhat poorer at the time of its creation, compared to what one can see now. The reason was the birth certificate indicated initially factory designation Z-226 B. Thanks to this the machine was largely dedicated to glider towing. The aircraft register lost plot of OK-KMX in 1991.
In autumn of 2008 the machine again went to company Zlin-Avion and at spring of 2009 left the gates of named OK-LPR and redesigned as Zlin Z-226 MS. Spring sun reflected off the metallic green-red coated surface.
Zlin Z-326MF, serial number 893
The Zlin Z-326 rolled off the production line under No. 893 in 1963. Finally, June 8, 1965 someone turned up to take 893th into the air. Based on the order of ten Z-326 airframes, a French registration F-BMQR appeared on the fuselage and the airplane begins a career in aviation school of Chartres. More than a quarter of a century later, 893th, this time dismantled into prime factors, returned to his homeland. The 1992 says the record.
Long journey of complete overhaul and conversion and in the end the hangar door leaves blue-yellow beauty bearing the designation Z-326MF. This means that unlike standard 326s that part the air molecules with a wooden propeller, the MF sports glinting metal blades of automatically adjustable 503 mounted on M 137.
From November 15th 1997 the plane faithfully serves the Aviation Club in Zábřeh, also being used for towing.
Trackback from your site.